If there’s one thing 2021 will be remembered for when it comes to activewear or fitness fashion, it’s scrunch-bum leggings and its little sister, scrunch-bum shorts.
Technically, we got wind of scrunch bum bottoms late in 2020, but thanks to social media influencers on TikTok and YouTube, a lot of women eventually fell in love with scrunch-bum tights and booty-scrunch shorts.
Now, whether you’re planning to jump on the scrunch bum bandwagon or are looking to expand your collection of booty-scrunch leggings or shorts (or both), then today’s your lucky day.
Browse the widest selections of Scrunch Bum Leggings & Shorts in Australia on activewearX
Here’s your guide to how to make your butt bigger with the best scrunch-bum leggings and shorts in Australia this 2022.
What Does Scrunch Bum Mean?
To the uninitiated or unfamiliar, scrunch bum refers to leggings or shorts that feature a cinched design element placed strategically between the butt cheeks.
The scrunch-bum design that has exploded in the world of leggings and shorts features stitching or ruching along the back seam in the butt section of each piece. Moreover, the horizontal part of the seam is positioned right above the butt line, so the leggings or shorts gather the fabric into the butt crack. This, aside from the ruching, adds more definition to the bum and hugs the two butt cheeks.
The back portion of the waistband of scrunch-butt leggings and shorts is also structured to resemble a pulled-up thong, featuring a distinctive V-shape. This cut or style reinforces the scrunching at the vertical seam (between the butt cheeks) and further enhances the appearance of the wearer’s bum. Meanwhile, high-waisted scrunch-bum leggings give the wearer the added advantage of a smoother, slimmer silhouette on top of a maximally visually enhanced booty — so it looks like a juicy peach indeed!
The clever stitching and styling used in scrunch leggings and scrunch shorts work to make a regular or any-sized behind exceptionally plump or curvier. Scrunch-bum bottoms work the same way for different butt shapes, so anyone can wear them.
No wonder everyone who wants to have an outstanding badonkadonk or bubblebutt is obsessed with scrunch tights and bum scrunch shorts.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the chance to win a free pair of yoga pants.
Why Are Scrunch-Bum Leggings and Shorts Trending?
Scrunch-bum leggings (aka booty or TikTok leggings) and shorts are trending because a lot of women want a curvy, substantial butt. Of course, the social media mileage these bottom-enhancing apparel gained has helped a lot in boosting their popularity.
The online exposure of booty leggings is nothing short of phenomenal. Social media influencers posted reviews and everyday scenarios involving TikTok leggings. Others made dance and reaction videos that show them wearing these special derriere-enhancing bottoms.
This is why bum shorts and scrunch-bum leggings have become one of the most in-demand activewear this year. It also looks like they’re here to stay — just like see-through tights or leggings with mesh panels and those shiny leggings that Hollywood celebrities love.
So, if you find yourself gravitating towards scrunch leggings in Australia and scrunch-bum bike shorts, what’s stopping you? Go ahead and start shopping!
The 18 Best Scrunch-Bum Leggings and Shorts in Australia
If you need help putting together a solid list of scrunch-bum leggings and shorts in Australia, here are 18 of the best you could find:
Ryderwear Scrunch Bum Leggings & Shorts
The Ryderwear scrunch-bum collection of leggings and shorts is quite extensive. If you’re a lover of solid colours, Ryderwear has a lot to offer — whether you’re looking for scrunch-bum gym leggings, booty shorts or bike shorts.
Staples Scrunch Bum Leggings – Black
These squat-proof black scrunch-bum leggings are a must-have for any fitness wardrobe.
Staples Scrunch Bum Booty Shorts – Black
These form-flattering, quick-drying and moisture-wicking booty shorts are exactly what you need for runs under the sun or when working out as the temperature rises.
Xahara Scrunch Bum Tights & Shorts
Xahara lovingly embraces femininity with its floral and nature-inspired prints balanced with workout clothes that are darker or edgier.
Bootylicious Black Ribbed Legging
Featuring mesh panels to keep you cool and a secure anti-roll high waistband, these scrunch-bum leggings give you a confidence boost to energise your daily workouts.
Flex Luxe White Ribbed Booty Shorts
Perfect for sweat sessions like hot yoga, the Flex Luxe White Ribbed Booty Shorts feature a high-rise fit and adjustable side drawstrings.
Ballerbabe Scrunch Bum Leggings & Shorts
Baller Babe activewear is as varied as they come, featuring ruched-bum leggings and shorts in solid colours and an array of patterns and prints.
Scrunch Tie Up Shorts – Nude
The scrunch-bum design, coupled with the ruched side drawstring and soft material, makes these nude-coloured shorts the perfect choice if you want a full-on bootylicious look.
Scrunch Shorts With Pocket – Blue
The textured material, high waist and booty scrunch in these shorts are the very qualities that have made the scrunch bum trend famous. As a bonus, these bum shorts feature side pockets, too.
Forest Green Signature Baller Babe Leggings
If you want a bit of sheen in your workout apparel, these metallic snake high-rise leggings would be perfect. They’re also compressive, squat-proof, antibacterial, sweat-wicking and breathable.
Evolve Apparel Scrunch Bum Leggings & Shorts
Designed for the active woman, Evolve apparel offers a variety of solid-coloured activewear as well as options with delicate prints.
Super Scrunch Leggings – Black
A guaranteed ‘booty amplifier’, these so-called Super Scrunch leggings in black feature a seamless front for the best fit.
Super Scrunch Leggings – Navy
If you’ve too many black leggings in your closet, you can try the Super Scrunch Leggings in navy instead.
Infinity Scrunch Leggings – Black
The ultra-high waist of these Infinity Scrunch leggings smoothen the tummy and define your booty — perfect for feeling great while you indulge in your regular sweat sessions.
Carra Lee Scrunch Bum leggings & Shorts
Designed for every type of body size and shape, some of Carra Lee Collective’s scrunch gym tights and shorts are available from 2XS up to 3XL. This is why Carra Lee is one of the go-to brands for women who are looking for extra small and plus-size scrunch bum leggings in Australia.
Liquorice Body Luxe Scrunch Bum Leggings
The Liquorice Body Luxe Scrunch Bum Leggings are squat-proof, high-waisted, figure-flattering bum-style leggings made from Carra Lee Signature Body Luxe fabric.
White Cheetah Scrunch Bum Midi Shorts
You can wear these mid-thigh length, cheetah-patterned bum shorts to the gym or to a beachside brunch with friends.
Midnight Eco Scrunch Bum Leggings
Looking for a sustainable, butt-lifting pair of leggings? These Eco Scrunch Bum Leggings by Carra Lee are made from lightweight, biodegradable, antibacterial, sweat-wicking fabric that’ll keep you cool during resistance band workouts and even your most intense gym sessions.
Deezi Active Scrunch Bum Leggings & Shorts
Whether you’re looking for basic, fun, quirky or edgy-style activewear, Deezi Active offers a wide range of scrunch-bum leggings in various colours, prints and designs.
One of their most popular butt-enhancing leggings is the Margo Seamless Scrunch Bum style that’s seamless and high-waisted. Check out our favourites below:
What to Consider When Buying Scrunch-Bum Leggings and Shorts
When you’re out shopping for scrunch-bum leggings and shorts, there are certain factors you need to consider. Actually, after reading the list below, you’ll notice that nearly the same qualities apply, whether you’re buying scrunch leggings and shorts or their regular counterparts:
- Comfort and stretchability: Although what you’re primarily after is the butt-enhancing feature of scrunch leggings or shorts, it’s crucial to find a pair that’s comfortable and has just the right amount of stretch to keep you well-supported.
- Fit: When buying any sort of workout apparel, it’s crucial to get only those items that are true to your Too-tight or too-loose workout pants will not only be uncomfortable but also look unsightly and distract you from your workout.
- Stitching: Since scrunch-bum bottoms have a very specific style of stitching that could make them vulnerable to damage or tearing, make sure you examine the seams in the butt area. Check the ruching too, as this feature is what gives booty leggings and shorts the ability to make your bum look bigger or curvier.
- Fabric: Part of the comfort that comes with workout clothes is greatly influenced by the fabric or material. And while the honeycomb-style or textured fabric usually associated with scrunch-bum bottoms is popular, there are other types of materials used, such as plain or printed performance fabric. What’s important is that the material is breathable and sweat-wicking, so you’ll be comfortable even when engaging in high-intensity training.
- Squat-proof: Whether it’s scrunch booty tights or regular workout bottoms that you’re shopping for, it’s always better to ensure the pair you’re getting is squat-proof. So, pay attention to the waistband (high waist is usually better), elasticity (so it stays in place), thickness of the fabric and its level of opacity (so it’s not transparent).
Scrunch-Bum Leggings and Shorts to Avoid and Why
Shopping for scrunch-bum bottoms, and workout clothes in general, is fun. However, you also need to be on your guard against products that aren’t worth buying.
To be specific, avoid these scrunch-bum leggings and shorts:
- Anything that’s oversized or too small wouldn’t look great and can affect the quality of your workouts. So, to avoid buyer’s remorse, skip the sale if you can’t find a pair that’s in your size.
- Cheap and mass-produced products usually have a short lifespan. Make sure you buy high-quality leggings from reputable brands that make use of materials or fabrics specifically designed for activewear. Always consider the stretch, durability and quality of the stitching. In the long run, you’ll be getting more bang for your buck when you invest in quality pieces.
- Non-squat-proof bottoms tend to be made from flimsy or thin material, so they end up becoming see-through. Also consider the waistband, as non-squat-proof booty bottoms would roll down around the waist when you try to squat.
- Leggings and shorts made from non-breathable and non-moisture-wicking fabrics make for very uncomfortable workouts. So if you regularly engage in intense exercise, always check if the fabric or material is breathable and sweat-wicking.
Scrunch-Bum Leggings vs Normal Leggings: What’s the Difference?
There isn’t a whole world of difference between scrunch-bum and ‘normal’ or regular leggings EXCEPT for one feature: the scrunch bum. Of course, even when the colour, pattern, print or fabric is the same, there’s likely to be a glaring difference in the way your butt would look when you compare both types of leggings.
It’s mostly a matter of preference and priority actually. If your tiny or regular-sized butt doesn’t bother you, then by all means stick to regular leggings. But if you want a pleasantly rounded or an outstanding butt, then go for the scrunch-bum style.
Of course, you can have a mix of both in your workout wardrobe. You don’t have to have a badonkadonk to look great or enjoy your workout. But you can have a bootylicious behind if you want to — even when your butt is small or ‘regular’.
The Best Scrunch-Bum Leggings and Shorts at ActivewearX
Although a relative newcomer in activewear fashion, scrunch-bum leggings and shorts seem destined to stay and become a wardrobe staple among fitness gurus and enthusiasts.
Whatever your butt size and shape, these game-changing leggings and shorts can help you achieve a lifted and curvy look on your backside.
If you’re thinking of trying these butt-enhancing bottoms, you have plenty of choices to choose from — just check out the list above!
You’ll also be happy to note that aside from the above, ActivewearX features a much bigger collection of booty leggings and shorts made by leading Australian brands for you to choose from. We also have sports bras, shirts, jogger pants and other athletic gear.
So, what are you waiting for?
Start shopping and let’s lift and boost that butt!
Sign Up & Win
Subscribe to our newsletter for the chance to win a free pair of yoga pants. Join our community of 55K+ subscribers and never miss a sale, exclusive activewear discounts and more…
Winner will be announced on our Instagram
✓ Winner can choose one of these three yoga pants
Time left to enter: